This guide applies to the Motorola MG8702, MG8725, and MT8733 devices.
You can enable one or more Guest Networks to provide friends and guests with the ability to use your Internet connection without giving them access to other devices on your network.
The Configuration Manager will be used to enable a guest network.
- Using a web browser, type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press Enter/Return. If you receive a certificate security warning that your connection isn't private, click here
- A login page will appear. The username will be admin and the password will be a unique phrase printed on the bottom label of the device. Click the Login button to continue.
- The page will reload and display the Basic Status and Settings page. Click the Advanced option located in the upper right-hand section next to the logout button.
- You will be redirected to the Status page. Click on the Wireless menu item, and select the Guest submenu option.
- The guest network settings will appear with two tabs - 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. First, select the 2.4GHz tab.
- Change the Guest Network Status from Disabled to Enabled. Click the Save button.
- Update the Guest Network Name to reflect the preferred SSID. Click the Save button.
- Click the box to the left of Show Key to reveal the default password of the guest network.
- In the Security Key/Password field, enter the preferred password for your guests to log onto your network.
- Click the Save button to apply the password.
- To configure and enable a guest network on the 5 GHz band, first select the 5 GHz tab, and then repeat the steps above.
Network Name and Password requirements:
The Network Name can be from 6 - 32 characters long. You can use the upper and lower case letters (a – z and A – Z), numbers (0 - 9) and special characters (e.g. $_/& etc.) except the single quote ‘ .
The Password can be from 8 - 63 characters long. You can use upper and lower case letters (a – z and A – Z), numbers (0 - 9) and special characters (e.g. $_/& etc.) except the single quote ‘ .