This guide applies to the Motorola MG8702, MG8725, and MT8733 devices.
To access the Configuration Manager, users are required to enter a username and password. The default credentials are printed on the label of the device.
To change the username and password follow the below process.
- Log in to the Configuration Manager by navigating to 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- Log in using the username "admin" and the unique password found on the label under the device, then click the Login button.
- You will be directed to the Basic Status and Settings page. Select the Advanced button at the top of the screen, and then Status and Security.
- Input the current username and password in the first two fields.
- Next, type in the New Username one and New Password twice.
Both the Username and Password can be from 8 - 63 characters long. You can use upper and lower case letters (a – z and A – Z), numbers (0 - 9), and special characters (e.g. $_/& etc.) except the single quote ‘.
- Click the Save button to apply the new credentials.
|Caution: Once you make this change, you will not be able to log into the modem/router if you forget the new Username and Password. To recover, you will have to reset the modem to factory defaults. When you reset the device to factory defaults, you will lose all changes you have
made to the modem/router.