The ability to enable your Guest Network provides several benefits. When having a guest over from time to time, and allow access to your wireless network, you can limit what access is provided. Your wireless network, might have access to shared storage, security cameras, printers etc. Well, by enabling the guest network you can limit what access your guest have.
Several reasons to utilize the guest network:
- Isolation from the primary network
- Network security with security key/password
- Access restrictions
- Ability to disable and enable guest network
The below steps will guide you through settings up the Guest Network on the MG7310
1. Connect to your network via Ethernet or wirelessly
2. Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc
3. In the address bar of the web browser type, 192.168.0.1 and hit the Enter key
4. When at the login page type "admin" for the username and "motorola" for the password, hit login
5. Click on Advanced at top right corner
6. Click on Wireless from the menu bar, then click on Guest from the Wireless menu
7. Enable the Guest Network and click Save
8. If interested in personalizing the network, you may rename the Guest Network Name, by deleting the current name and typing what you desire. Follow the same for the Password. Make sure the password is 8 characters or longer, no special characters. Click Save after personalization is completed.