I want to connect another router to the WAN port of the MR1700 and they both have the same subnet of 192.168.1.1. What is the best procedure to configure this setup so that they will work properly when connected to each other?
The MR1700 is smart enough to detect an IP Address conflict and to automatically configure the router IP address to a 10.0.0.1 to avoid an IP Address conflict.
- Connect your second router or gateway to the WAN Port of the MR1700.
- Bring up your browser and type the IP address of 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
This will bring up the Configure my Router page.
- Click on the Configure my Router button and click Save.
The Setup Router page will appear.
- Click Setup Router. The login page will appear.
Type in the password: motorola and log in.
- You will then immediately get the page with the message that the router detected an IP address conflict between the LAN port and the WAN port. (see below)
It will ask you if you want to avoid the conflict. Click Yes and then the router will automatically restart.
Once the router is finished restarting, it will automatically change the IP address in the browser to the new IP address of the MR1700 of 10.0.0.1 and will prompt you again for the log in for the router.
- Log in with password: motorola
Continue to finish configuring the router to the settings you desire.
Still need help?
Our tech support is available to help you:
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 1-800-753-0797
(Monday-Friday 8:30am-10pm. Saturday 8:30am-5pm Eastern Time)