How to update the firmware for MR1700
Click HERE for the firmware update
- Open an Internet browser and in the address field, type in: http://192.168.1.1
- Enter password: motorola
- Click Login
- Click Advanced
- On the left side, click System Management > Software Update
- Click Select File
- Find the location where you saved the ".bin" firmware update file.
- Select it and then click Open.
- Put a check mark to Clear current configuration.
- Click "Update Software"
- Click "Confirm" to update the software
- A 160-second timer will appear. DO NOT POWER OFF your router or interfere with this process as it can cause irrevocable damage to the router.
- When the software update is finished, you will get a message "Software Update Successful."
- When the next screen appears, click on Configure the router.
- After you have made the desired changes, click Save and the router will restart.
You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-753-0797.
Our tech support is open Monday-Friday 8:30 am-10 pm and Saturday 8:30 am-5 pm.