Changing WiFI Channel Instructions:
This is particularly helpful if you are experiencing connection drops, wifi slow-down, streaming buffering, etc.
Instruction for the Motorola MG7540, MG7550, MG7700, MG8702
1. Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc)
2. In the address bar of web browser type 192.168.0.1 and hit Enter on your keyboard
3. At the login page, type "admin" for the Username, and type "motorola" for the Password, then click Login
4. At the top right corner, click on Advanced
5. Select Wireless > Basic
6. Select the 2.4 GHz Tab
7. Under "Channel," change from AUTO to one of the channels on the list.
*Channels 1, 6, and 11 are the only channels that do NOT overlap with each other. You may need to try a couple of different channels before you decide on the channel that works best on your network.
8. Once you have selected the channel, click SAVE
9. Select the 5 GHz Tab
10. Under "Channel," change from AUTO to Channel 161/80
11. Click SAVE
12. Close your browser
13. Restart any device that may be connected to your modem or router (wirelessly or wired via Ethernet cable)
If you have a smart phone connected, we recommend that you "Reset Network Settings" on those devices to allow them to re-sync with your wireless network using the new settings