DOCSIS 3.1 MODEM +AX6000 ROUTER +VOICE
Packaged with your MT8733 device:
MT8733 Rear Panel
Let’s get started
Be sure to download motosync and any app required by your service provider before disconnecting your old equipment
- Turn off and disconnect any existing modems and or routers on your network.
- Connect coax cable that has active cable service to the modem’s COAX connector. Ensure that you have access to the bottom label during the setup and activation of the modem.
Note: You may use a coax splitter to share the cable connectivity with your TV. Use a two-way splitter with a top frequency of 1,000 MHz, or 1,675 MHz if you use MoCA. Please note this may reduce the device’s performance.
3. Plug the MT8733 into a power outlet using the power adapter.
4. Wait for the online light (green globe for 3.0, or for the blue globe for 3.1) to stop flashing and remain on for at least 1 minute. This process may take up to 15 minutes and the modem may reboot multiple times.
Activate with Xfinity
- Activate your modem by following Xfinity’s activation process. You can find information on this process on their website: xfinity.com/activate.
- Connect your computer or mobile device to your MT8733 using one of the following methods:
- Connect via WiFi using the SSID and WiFi password on the bottom of the MT8733.
- Connect via one of the Ethernet ports found on the back of the modem.
3. Confirm that your MT8733 is connected to the internet by visiting a website. If you are unable to access a website, see Troubleshooting Tips.
4. Download motosync and set up your WiFi.
Set up your WiFi with motosync
Now that you have activated your modem, download motosync to set up your WiFi network. This app provides settings, parental controls, monitoring, and security.
- Download the motosync app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. on your smartphone.
- Open the app and create your user account (or login).
- Follow the instructions to connect your MT8733 to your motosync account.
Note: you will need access to the QR code on the bottom of the MT8733 device.
Note: Alternatively, you can adjust your WiFi and device settings using the Motorola web interface. To access, open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address field then follow the prompts. However, motosync is recommended for additional features.
For Xfinity phone service
To use Xfinity Voice service with this device:
- Ensure you have subscribed to Xfinity Voice. This service may be provisioned on one line, TEL1, or both TEL1 and TEL2 when provisioning two separate voice accounts.
- Check that the MT8733 device’s TEL1 light is ON and solid.
- Plug a phone into the TEL1 port, and then take the phone off-hook to confirm that there is a dial tone. Verify your phone is working by making and receiving a call.
If you have internet connectivity but no voice service, contact Xfinity for support.
An optional battery backup system (sold separately) is available for the MT8733, which will allow uninterrupted phone service on TEL1 when AC power is lost. For more information, visit motorolanetwork.com/MT8733.
Front panel lights
During power-up, the lights will blink for about a minute.
† If a blue light blinks continuously, this indicates partial service, which means that at least one designated channel has not completed bonding. You should still get high internet speeds, but Xfinity may want to know so they can adjust their network.
Note: The TEL2 LED will only light if voice service is provisioned for a second phone line. TEL2 does not work if AC power is lost.