Be sure to download motosync as well as any apps required by your service provider before disconnecting your existing devices
- Turn off and disconnect any existing modems and routers on your network.
- Connect a coax cable that has active cable service to the modem’s COAX connector. Ensure that you have access to the bottom label during setup and activation of the modem.
Note: You may use a coax splitter to share cable connectivity with your TV. Use a two-way splitter with a top frequency of 1,000 MHz or 1675 MHz if using MoCA. Please note that this may reduce the device's performance.
3. Plug the MG8725 into a power outlet using the supplied power adapter.
4. Wait for the online light to stop flashing and remain on for at least 1 minute. This process may take up to 15 minutes and the modem may reboot multiple times.
Activate with your Service Provider
- Activate your modem by following your service provider’s activation process. This process may include using their app or website or contacting them by phone.
- Connect your computer or mobile device to your MG8725 using one of the following methods:
a. Connect via WiFi using the SSID and WiFi password on the bottom of the MG8725.
b. Connect via one of the ethernet ports found on the back of the MG8725.
- Confirm that your MG8725 is connected to the internet by visiting a website. If you are unable to access a website, see Troubleshooting Tips.
- Download the motosync app from your app store and set up your WiFi.
Activation Contact Information
Comcast / Xfinity
Charter / Spectrum
Set up your WiFi with motosync
- Download the motosync app by visiting motorolanetwork.com/sync on your Smartphone.
- Open the app and create your user account (or login).
- Follow the instructions to connect your MG8725 to your motosync account. You will need access to the QR code on the bottom of the MG8725 device.
Note: motosync is recommended for WiFi setup and provides additional features. Alternatively, you can adjust your WiFi and device settings using the Motorola web interface Configuration Manager. To access, open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address field and follow the prompts.