Your MG8725 comes from the factory configured for WPA2-PSK wireless security with AES encryption. Some older clients may not support this security mode. (For details, see About wireless security, below).
To enable WPA-PSK, follow these steps: Note, these steps must be done on both the 2.4 and 5Ghz tabs
Log into the Configuration Manager by navigating to 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
Log in using the username "admin" and the unique password found on the label under the MG8725, then click the Login button.
You will be directed to the Basic Status and Settings page. Click the Advanced button in the upper right.
This will bring you to the Status > Software page. Select the Wireless menu item, and select the WPS_RADIUS submenu.
Find the WPA2-PSK Security Settings tab. If WPA2-PSK is not enabled, select Enabled from the WPA2-PSK pulldown and then click Save.
Find the WPA-PSK Security Settings tab. Select Enabled from the WPA-PSK pulldown.
Under Encryption, select AES
The device will now operate in mixed WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK mode.
About Wireless Security
There are two versions of WPA: WPA and WPA2. When configured as part of a typical home or small office network, WPA and WPA2 require a Pre-Shared Key or PSK. These modes are typically called WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK, respectively, though sometimes they’re just called WPA and WPA2.
You can enable either WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK alone, or you can enable both WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK together.
By default, your MG8725 has WPA2-PSK with AES encryption enabled. You will only need to change the security mode if you have a device in your wireless network that only supports WEP or WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption. If you want an unsecured network, disable all security methods.
Most devices will have a section in their user manuals or a section on the manufacture's websites to confirm whether it supports connecting to a WPA2 network or not.
How to Tell if Your Clients Support WPA2
You can check to see if all other clients that you plan to put on the network support WPA2. You can do this by checking the manual that came with each device or by checking the configuration software for the installed device. Look under Security or Encryption or Setup or Advanced Features.
Configure Wireless Security for a RADIUS Server
If you have a Radius Server, select the WPA/WPA2 options without PSK.
To enable WPA and WPA2 without PSK, follow these steps:
- Find the WPA-PSK Security Settings tab.
- If WPA-PSK is Enabled, select Disabled from the WPA-PSK pulldown and click Save. (Note that WPA-PSK is Disabled by default).
- If WPA2-PSK is Enabled, select Disabled from the WPA2-PSK pulldown and click Save. (Note that WPA2-PSK is Enabled by default).
- Select Enabled for WPA2. Do not click Save yet.
- Enter the RADIUS Server Address and click Save.
- Enter the RADIUS Port and click Save.
- Enter the RADIUS Key and click Save.
- If you want to enable WPA, select Enabled for WPA, and click Save.
- If you want to enable WPA2, make sure Enabled is selected for WPA2, and click Save.
- If you want to disable WPA2, select Disabled for WPA2, and click Save.
- Under Encryption, if you have enabled WPA, or WPA and WPA2, select AES+TKIP. If you have enabled WPA2 only, select AES only.
- Click Save.